1) A entry where some general questions can be answered to ensure we don’t get ridiculed by someone ( simple questions while joining the forum like
(what do you think about the lgbtq community in india?)
we can screen them then and there right
2) a post flagging system Or text input system which won’t let people use derogatory terms even if they intend to.
3) a must scroll and read guideline with checkbox at each rule ( a short one) that can be sent before joining
4) to facilitate users who are not good at english a translation service inbuilt can be helpful
5) votes and downvotes do help get crowds perspective ( if there is a like button where there is dislike one?)
6) A personal bio or profile system for each user not compulsory but voluntary this can also help users who have youtube channels and instagrams education channels promote themselves and help talk and vice versa
7) The forum is public we get it so no one can post their phone numbers or personal details but what if someones wants just that and want it to be visible to the members or certain people like their friend list. Can this be a next step in forum culture
8) Less visibility of Trans men and their posts are really scarce so a sectioning and a colouring out helps them ( reddit just did that)
9) A section on separate topics would help a new member ease out instead of going through the whole post to find just the word they were searching for mentioned.
10) clear definitions and recognition of regular users and old user and new user must be there
reddit had karma point and some have followers likes etc
this helps in distinguishing the educated helpers out and motivates people too