Kalki Subramaniam Transgender Fund

4
kalki subramaniam
kalki subramaniam

PAINTINGS FROM KALKI, FOR THE TRANSGENDER CAUSE

Kalki Subramaniam is a transgender rights activist, actor, writer and Founder/Director of Sahodari Foundation from Auroville, Tamil Nadu.

In Indian society where transgender community is often stereotyped, Kalki has been very unconventional. Kalki is a inspirational positive role model to the trans youth across India. Now she is trying to help few Transgender Individuals in INDIA through her campaign. Kalki has set up a  auction for few of the paintings made by her on a crowdfunding platform.

She hopes to raise INR 2,00,000 from this crowdfunding campaign. 60% of the funds raised will go towards the betterment of transgender persons who need your backing.  The rest 40% of inwards will be used for maintaining the long term sustenance of the project and  kalki’s art practices. The charity funds will be divided equally among 4 young trans youth. This fund will play a important role in the lives of these people and help them out live the stereotypical trans life.

Lalitha Anburaj, Tuticorin – Lalitha is a transgender person. She hails from a very poor background. Lalitha is currently pursuing a medical nursing course. Her father, who was blind, passed away three months ago. leaving the family with no much financial support. Lalitha’s mother works as a housemaid. Lalitha needs financial assistance to continue her further education.

Mythreyi, Madurai – Mythreyi was rescued from sex trafficking and forced sex work. She failed in Chemistry in 12th standard. She wants to complete her schooling and pursue higher studies.

Kotravai Natchiar, Madurai – Kotravai was rescued along with Mythreyi from sex trafficking and forced sex work. She has completed her 12th standard and wants to pursue law.

Anu, Mangalore – Anu is a graduate, rejected by her family because of her gender identity, she lives with her friend in Mangalore. She doesn’t want to succumb to begging and sex work. She works hard to live a respectable life. She needs support for continuing her Master’s degree and her transition.

Transgender people in India are not all respected and misrepresented by the people and the media. They are discriminated by friends and their families. People in the Hijra community earn money by doing sex work and begging but what about these people who do not belong to that community? They cannot get jobs due to their gender identity and certificates are shown as males. No one is ready to help these people, we need to change their lives and we can do something for them.

We wish to see her camapign to be successful and see smiles on the faces of The Transgender Individuals.

Here is a crowdfunding campaign link to Kalki Subramanium Transgender Fund:

https://www.fueladream.com/home/campaign/278

4 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here